Saturday, March 1, 2008

WEEK SIX SUMMARY

I appreciated the interesting posts and the helpful sources contained in them!

I was not able to open the post titled Soldier's Struggle, which I think must have been Cory's. Maybe there's some kind of server error (the site is running REALLY slowly today) -- anyway, could the author just send me this post in an email message?

I'd like to offer the suggestion that responses to others need to be substantive, meaning "with substance," so beyond "that's cool" or "that's interesting." The idea is to engage with each other, picking up the points made by others, making connections, adding to the general discussion of each other's topics, etc. rather than just offering support for one another (which is valuable, too, but that's called an "affective message" and should be tied to more substantive commentary).

No comments: